Re: rules matching ipv6 prefix addrs

The prefix is set by the ISP and can change at any time.  In IPv4 this is generally masked by NAT, but in IPv6 it affects every host.

What changes (in the normal case) is the common prefix of the network, i.e. the fraction delegated by the ISP.  If your ISP gives you a /56, for example, those 56 bits can change at any time, and that will affect all the hosts on your network.

--
Sent from my mobile phone.  Please pardon any lack of formatting.