Re: xtables does not reconise ipportiphash/ipportnethash sets

On Thursday 2010-09-23 03:01, Mr Dash Four wrote:

>> That starts to sounds like the project is run with an uncorrelated concurrent
>> asynchronous interaction of the manus(es). Suggested anger management should
>> involve the double-agent maintainer who was bribed to put iptables in /sbin in
>> the first place.
>
> Should they be in /usr/sbin then?

Yes. They are not essential to run fsck/mount/thelike in case of an
emergency.

>>> [bugzilla.gentoo.org/325257]
>>> I just found that out to my cost - need to download the patch, update my
>>> source and rebuild the kernel again, then rinse, repeat with xtables and hope
>>> that it
>>>

>> I wonder. F13 ships with linux-glibc-devel-2.6.33, F14A with -2.6.35. So where
>> is the actual issue? Nevertheless, I have devised a workaround for 2.6.34
>> headers. Check out xt-a's b5e2c7255a87f3d981968e21ea7f88401fe8f8ad and let me
>> know.
>>
> On my system it shows glibc-devel-2.12-3 (I don't have linux-glibc-devel).

It's called kernel-headers in Fedora. (Reason for it being called
elsewhere is that some noobs spout out "you need kernel headers to build
modules" and another noob installs kernel-headers rather than
kernel-devel-XYZ.)