Re: xtables does not reconise ipportiphash/ipportnethash sets

Yes, it seems to be an unfortunate omission in the Kbuild file. A new release will be up shortly, since I have already been pointed towards 2.6.36 changes.
Oh, it's getting worse!

Because I use a custom-built kernel (built from source), every time a new kernel version is released I go through a little ritual:

Since the 2 kmod-* and xtabbles-addons rpms do not recognise the custom-built string after the kernel version - they moan (see the rpm -post and -pre scripts to know what I mean), so I have to build xtables from source. So, once I've compiled and installed my custom-built kernel I do the same thing with the xtables addons because of the above shortcoming.

As soon as the last kernel version was released (7-56 I think) I did compile xtables and installed it properly (though I did not notice the absence of these two ipsets). That was, by memory, last week.

A few days ago, I reinstalled a patched version of iptables (you know that, don't you!) so that I get to see the secmarks in their full glory. Earlier today, after I found out about the absence of the above two modules, I decided to do 'make clean' on the whole xtables source directory and compile it from scratch in the hope to trace back what is wrong.

Guess what? I cannot compile xtables now. I am getting the following error:

CC libxt_CHAOS.oo
libxt_CHAOS.c:99: warning: implicit declaration of function ‘ALIGN’
libxt_CHAOS.c:99: error: initializer element is not constant
libxt_CHAOS.c:99: error: (near initialization for ‘chaos_tg_reg.size’)
libxt_CHAOS.c:100: error: initializer element is not constant
libxt_CHAOS.c:100: error: (near initialization for ‘chaos_tg_reg.userspacesize’)
make[3]: *** [libxt_CHAOS.oo] Error 1

I don't need to mention that I've never had this error before. At first I thought it is Tom's patch which caused this (thanks, Tom!), so I did download the iptables source and compiled it without the patch using rpmbuld -bb etc, then installed it. Nope! Same error.

What I will try in the next half an hour or so is to install the rpm which comes with F13 repos to see if that makes any difference because if it doesn't I am stuck. If it does work that means the rpm built with rpmbuild -bb from source is somewhat different from the one coming out of FC13 repos, which, to me, is rather odd!

Will post again when I know the outcome.