Re: xtables does not reconise ipportiphash/ipportnethash sets

On Thursday 2010-09-23 02:30, Mr Dash Four wrote:

>>You willingly chose to use Redhat/Fedora. Now endure the pain! :-)
>
>I just wished I hadn't! 5 minutes ago I found yet ANOTHER bug - this
>time in selinux-policy - the SELinux context on all iptables
>executables is set wrong simply because whoever wrote the policy choose
>the wrong location of these files - in FC13 they are all installed in
>/sbin, but iptables.fc says /usr/sbin so the context is not set. Lovely
>stuff!

That starts to sounds like the project is run with an uncorrelated
concurrent asynchronous interaction of the manus(es). Suggested anger
management should involve the double-agent maintainer who was bribed to
put iptables in /sbin in the first place.

>> Sounds like another Fedora problem. I know it works in openSUSE,
>> but that is probably because they make sure the custom string is
>> actually _in_ the version (as evidenced by `uname -r`).
>
>So is on FC13 - I just checked and it is displayed - version + custom string.
>The problem is that the scripts are actually looking for the kernel numbers,
>ASSUMING there is nothing after it. How daft is that?

(Oh I can tell tales too. The most recent one is a bug report that ended
in pretty much "if you don't want to use the graphical installer, live
with whatever strange decisions anaconda unilaterally did for you".
But... I digress.)

>[bugzilla.gentoo.org/325257]
>I just found that out to my cost - need to download the patch, update
>my source and rebuild the kernel again, then rinse, repeat with xtables
>and hope that it

I wonder. F13 ships with linux-glibc-devel-2.6.33, F14A with -2.6.35. So
where is the actual issue? Nevertheless, I have devised a workaround for
2.6.34 headers. Check out xt-a's
b5e2c7255a87f3d981968e21ea7f88401fe8f8ad and let me know.