From: Bart De Schuymer [mailto:bdschuym@xxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: 02 April 2010 20:55
To: Gareth Williams
Cc: agashi shipora; netfilter-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: br_netfilter post routing hook question...

Gareth Williams schreef:
> Ahh but I already tried physdev - and it throws warnings that it will
> not work on forward or post routing paths when it's not on a bridge
> interface.
>
> But I was specifying the rule with "-o br0" which is a bridge so the
> physdev rule should have been sane?
>
> Even though it threw this warning it did add into iptables but still
> didn't work for me.
>
> I might revisit it and see if I can figure out what was wrong.

I'd do that if I were you :-)
First figure out what's going on e.g. by adding rules, sending traffic
and looking at the rule counters. The iptables LOG target should produce
a string containing the physindev and physoutdev device name (the bridge
input and output port for the packet).

cheers,
Bart

--