br_netfilter post routing hook question...

Hello chaps.

I have a module which hooks into the bridge on the post routing hook
(PF_BRIDGE).

I also enable bridge netfilter to allow iptables rules to process
packets - I set rules on the post_routing chain (mangle table) to set
marks on packets.

Unfortunately I cannot see these marks in my code because the priority
on the bridge_netfilter post routing hook is PRI_LAST.

Since it is PRI_LAST I have no room to put my hook lower than it - so I
will never see these marks.

The comment in br_netfilter.c for this hook says it has to be PRI_LAST
because ip_refrag() can return STOLEN - but does it really have to be
LAST???  Can't it be say, last-1 so I have at least some room to move my
module to see those marks?

I know I could enable ebtables and do it that way but I am happy using
the conntrack facilities within the iptables framework to monitor
connections over the bridge.  The product I am working on also has
limited power and adding yet another set of tables and hooks would just
cause more slowdown in the fast path - something I don't think we can
stand right now.

Am I missing something obvious?

Cheers for any advice.

Gareth