Re: [NETFILTER]: Move extensions' arguments into compound structure (1/2)

Jan Engelhardt wrote:
On Sunday 2008-10-05 11:12, Patrick McHardy wrote:
Ok just let me rebase all the stuff, and I'll send you something
that goes on top of 8d51a66159a6fbc27342ee80e5b69910a679735e .
Thanks. As an added explanation - the benchmarking I did for nftables
indicated that we're somewhere between 50 and 110 cycles for a "usual"
rule on my x2. So its really easy to degrade performance significantly
by just requiring a few more cycles. The upside is that it works in both
directions :)

Can I at least make it a single patch (i.e. on top of the batch of 6
that do the minimal transformation) or does it need to be right from
the start? (at the expensive of enlarging the patch and setting up
the reviewer ;-)

I'm not sure which batch of 6 you're referring to, but in general
having a lower patch size for these transformations is preferrable
to me; having a slight potential performance degradation that is
fixed up immediately is not a real problem.

I hope that answered your question.