Re: [NETFILTER]: Move extensions' arguments into compound structure (1/2)

Jan Engelhardt wrote:
On Sunday 2008-10-05 10:52, Patrick McHardy wrote:
Reducing the overhead before merging will make me a lot more
comfortable accepting this patch without seeing any numbers
since its adding overhead to one of the hottest spots of ruleset
evaluation.

Ok just let me rebase all the stuff, and I'll send you something
that goes on top of 8d51a66159a6fbc27342ee80e5b69910a679735e .

Thanks. As an added explanation - the benchmarking I did for nftables
indicated that we're somewhere between 50 and 110 cycles for a "usual"
rule on my x2. So its really easy to degrade performance significantly
by just requiring a few more cycles. The upside is that it works in both
directions :)

Yup. When space is tight (and we only have like 74 chars to make it
fit onto a screen, accounting for the git-log indent and one extra
byte), it will have to do without the subsystem.
No, I'm adding it anyways and exceeding the limit is fine for
changelogs if it aids in readability. So please just add it so
I don't have to edit the descriptions every time.

Aye, sir!

Thanks.