RE: Ebtables hook order anomaly

> A pure bridge doesn't need ARP. I don't get your point,
> but my suggestion might not make much sense, I haven't
> really thought about this.

My little bridge-router systems could use ARP.  I am putting together a
site right now that uses an active/passive HA pair of firewall
bridge/router systems.  I kludge in a MAC Address for the active system
to make the router in front of it happy, as well as sending out a GARP.

This site needs bridging because it has H.323 videoconferencing
equipment in place.  H.323 devices - especially older ones - do not get
along well with NAT.  So I give the H.323 stuff a public IP Address and
set up a bridge.

This all worked nicely until the night before Easter when I tried a new
version and everything broke.  But I can live with not knowing the out
interface from L3 as long as I know the in-interface.

- Greg