roblems with Mplayer

Turns outhat even though the config file is setting vo to xv,
mplayerses x11 driver.
In fact Iried all drivers listed by the command
mplayer -vo help,xcept x11, as the driver to use in the config file.
Mplayereems to completely ignore the config file setting and uses x11
driver (which works).

But if I invoke gnome-mplayer,hen the setting in the config file seems
toake effect.
Thus, with config fileet to xv, mplayer ignores it, whereas
gnome-mplayerxtracts it and explicitly passes it as an argument to
mplayer. This isimilar to the behaviour of explicitly specifying -vo
xv onhe command line (i.e. no video is played).

I will haveo build latest mplayer from source.

Cheers,

JD