roblems with Mplayer

On Sunday, 07 December 2008t 22:43, JD wrote:
> Somethingeems to be missing from my system as far as Mplayer packages
>nd/or codecs are concerned.
>
>player will play windows wmv media files, but I get no video - only audio.

You needo post full mplayer -v file.wmv output. Otherwise we can't tell
what's wrong.

> I havehe following Mplayer packages installed:
>
> gnome-mplayer-0.6.3-1.fc7
> mplayer-1.0-0.41.rc2.fc7
> mplayer-codecs-20061022-1
> mplayer-codecs-extra-20061022-1
> mplayer-fonts-1.1-3.fc
> mplayerplug-in-3.50-33.fc7
>
> Ilso have win32 codecs installed.
>
> Whatm I missing?
>
> Asou have guessed, my os is FC7.

That'swo versions obsolete. F-8 will go out of support in a month. I suggest
youpgrade to F-10 or at least F-9. RPMFusion contains a more recent MPlayer
package forhese releases.

Regards,
R.

--
MPlayer http://mplayerhq.hu | RPMFusion http://rpmfusion.org
Therehould be a science of discontent. People need hard times and