Re: Please add my temporary MIPS fixes branch to linux-next

On 26/08/14 10:45, Markos Chandras wrote:
> On 08/23/2014 09:24 PM, Aaro Koskinen wrote:
>> Hi,

>>> I sent you a pull request for these fixes prior to v3.16 but
>>> unfortunately they still missed the release, and only two of the patches
>>> were applied in the main v3.17 MIPS merge.
>>>
>>> What are you intentions for the remaining fixes from Markos & Aaro?
>>
>> Ralf, any comments? I think at least this fix is imporant,
>> because currently users can hang OCTEON systems simply by lauching
>> multiple readers of the proc file:
>>
>> https://git.kernel.org/cgit/linux/kernel/git/jhogan/mips.git/commit/?id=08a9c3c9afcf6e8975fc1c9a97e871e6a039c25a
>>
>> A.
>>
> Hi,
>
> I plan to send GregKH another set of fixes to backport to 3.16, and
> since this patch is now in mainline[1], I will include this one as well.
>
> [1]
> https://git.kernel.org/cgit/linux/kernel/git/torvalds/linux.git/commit/?id=608308682addfdc7b8e2aee88f0e028331d88e4d

This particular fix is already marked for stable.

The ones I applied that aren't marked for stable (but are now needed in
linux-3.16.y) are:

f85b71ceabb9 MIPS: EVA: Add new EVA header
ca4d24f7954f MIPS: Malta: EVA: Rename 'eva_entry' to 'platform_eva_init'
6521d9a436a6 MIPS: CPS: Initialize EVA before bringing up VPEs from
secondary cores

Cheers
James