Re: Modpost warning on Alchemy

Hi,

> > It does not help too much with a 32-bit virtual address space indeed.
> > Though I gather it has to be very sparsely populated as 16MiB is enough to
> > cover the whole configuration space of a single PCI bus tree.  Thus it has
>
>    Hm, maybe 16 MiB would be enough indeed, as the Alchemy CPUs are known to
> not support bus masters behind PCI bridges...

 That is unrelated -- for configuration accesses (assuming the basic
configuration space) you need: 8 bits for the bus number + 5 bits for the
device number + 3 bits for the function number + 8 bits for the register
number.  The total is 24 bits.  It is up to hardware to sort it out and
put the right bits on the bus.

  Maciej