Re: Portmap on the Encore M3

Hi,

I m trying to understand exactly how the serial driver works -- and also
the early console initialisation.  I m reading the following websites:

An article called Serial consoles and console drivers by Alassandro
Rubini at http://www.linux.it/~rubini/docs/sercons/sercons.html

the serial driver Wiki at :
http://www.linux-mips.org/wiki/Serial_Driver_and_Console
and links given on this wiki..

However I havent found a resource that talks about these two processes,
early serial console initialisation and invocation of the serial driver,
in enough detail to give an idea about the processes set into action
when messages are put out to the console..

Can you point me to any other useful links on this issue?

Thank you.
Regards,

Ashlesha.