Re: native gcc for mipsel / uClibc (building or binaries)?

Tomasz Chmielewski wrote:

> Ilya A. Volynets-Evenbakh wrote:
>
>> Are you sure it is what you want? I somehow suspect that you want to
>> generate toolchain to build things
>> natively on your mipsel box to run on said box. If that is true,
>> buildroot (http://buildroot.uclibc.org) will do everything
>

> Buildroot also builds gcc which works on let's say x86 and makes
> binaries for mipsel/uclibc).
>
> I need the gcc binaries which will work on mipsel, and which will
> build for mipsel.

Buildroot builds _both_. At least it has support for building both.

>> for you. Also, I think crosstool does it by default as well (not 100%
>> sure though). Look under your destination dir
>> for <target>/bin/gcc.
>

> Crosstool by default builds the binaries on system X that will run on
> system X and build for Y.
>
> So now I have binaries that build for mipsel/uclibc on x86, but I
> can't build gcc that will work on mipsel/uclibc with it.

Let's say you build with instdir /crosstool
Then look for mipsel toolchain binaries in
/crosstool/gcc-x.y.z-glibc-K.L.M/mipsel-linux-gnu/mipsel-linux-gnu/bin

--
Ilya A. Volynets-Evenbakh
Total Knowledge. CTO