Re: native gcc for mipsel / uClibc (building or binaries)?

Canadian cross is when you build toolchain on system X to run on system
Y, and generate code for system Z.
Are you sure it is what you want? I somehow suspect that you want to
generate toolchain to build things
natively on your mipsel box to run on said box. If that is true,
buildroot (http://buildroot.uclibc.org) will do everything
for you. Also, I think crosstool does it by default as well (not 100%
sure though). Look under your destination dir
for <target>/bin/gcc.

--
Ilya A. Volynets-Evenbakh
Total Knowledge. CTO