Re: native gcc for mipsel / uClibc (building or binaries)?

Ilya A. Volynets-Evenbakh wrote:
Canadian cross is when you build toolchain on system X to run on system
Y, and generate code for system Z.

all right, so I misunderstood, I need to build gcc on system X to run on system Y.

Are you sure it is what you want? I somehow suspect that you want to
generate toolchain to build things
natively on your mipsel box to run on said box. If that is true,
buildroot (http://buildroot.uclibc.org) will do everything

Buildroot also builds gcc which works on let's say x86 and makes binaries for mipsel/uclibc).

I need the gcc binaries which will work on mipsel, and which will build for mipsel.

for you. Also, I think crosstool does it by default as well (not 100%
sure though). Look under your destination dir
for <target>/bin/gcc.

Crosstool by default builds the binaries on system X that will run on system X and build for Y.

So now I have binaries that build for mipsel/uclibc on x86, but I can't build gcc that will work on mipsel/uclibc with it.

--
Tomasz Chmielewski
Software deployment with Samba