Re: pcmcia problem on pb1500

> Not surprising :)  The 36bit_add_xxxx patch was applied to the tree so
> it's not integrated in the source tree. So this begs the question --
> what version of linux-mips are you using? If you're using the latest cvs
> bits, applying the above 36bit patch should have failed miserably. You
> do need the 64bit_pcmcia.patch though.

I am not using linux-mips. I am using 2.4.19 directly from kernel.org.
Some files are patched from mips-linux (non-pcmcia stuff).

Tried latest cvs version from linux-mips.org this weekend. By some
reason I can't get any output on the serial port. If this kernel should
work, maybe getting the serial-port to work on this is an easier task
:-)

On the other hand, everything else I need is currently working on 2.4.19
(including pci)

Tried to do the 64bit_pcmcia.patch alone. Same result:

Linux Kernel Card Services 3.1.22
Yenta IRQ list 0000, PCI irq4
Socket status: 30000046
Yenta IRQ list 0000, PCI irq4
Socket status: 30000011
cardmgr[148]: watching 2 sockets
cardmgr[148]: could not adjust resource: IO ports 0xc00-0xcff: Invalid
argument
cardmgr[148]: could not adjust resource: IO ports 0x100-0x4ff: Invalid
argument
cardmgr[148]: could not adjust resource: memory 0x80000000-0x80ffffff:
Invalid argument
cardmgr[149]: starting, version is 3.2.4
Done.
cardmgr[cs: unable to map card memory!
14cs: unable to map card memory!
9]: initializing socket 1
cardmgr[149]: socket 1: Anonymous Memory
cardmgr[149]: module memory_cs.o not available
cardmgr[149]: executing: 'modprobe memory_cs'
cardmgr[149]: get dev info on socket 1 failed: Resource temporarily
unavailable

Best result is with no patches, where it finds my cisco card.

> Take a look at the archives again and see how Jeff setup config.opts on
> the target board. That was the key.  The cardmgr is recognizing your
> card so it's reading the attribute memory successfully. You're almost
> there ;)
My configuration is based on his.
yes, it seems like it can access the attribute memory, but not the io
memory.

I was vondering about the io addresses shown with lspci -v. Are they
valid?
00:0d.0 Class 0607: 104c:ac55 (rev 01)
   I/O window 0: 00000000-00000fff
   I/O window 1: 00000000-00000003