Re: pcmcia problem on pb1500

Hi Jan,

> /etc/pcmcia/config.opts:
> include port 0x100-0x4ff, port 0xc00-0xcff
> include memory 0x80000000-0x80ffffff

I think you need something like that for mips as well.

> THEN, i saw in the linux-mips archives, that Jeff Baitis has succeeded
> in getting it working on 2.4. He had applied two patches:
> Pete's 36bit_addr_2.4.21-pre4.patch
> Pete's 64bit_pcmcia.patch

> I've found and patched theese into my kernel, but now, nothing works!

Not surprising :)  The 36bit_add_xxxx patch was applied to the tree so
it's not integrated in the source tree. So this begs the question --
what version of linux-mips are you using? If you're using the latest cvs
bits, applying the above 36bit patch should have failed miserably. You
do need the 64bit_pcmcia.patch though.

Take a look at the archives again and see how Jeff setup config.opts on
the target board. That was the key.  The cardmgr is recognizing your
card so it's reading the attribute memory successfully. You're almost
there ;)

Pete