MIPS CACHE TESTS

This mail is probably spam.  The original message has been attached
along with this report, so you can recognize or block similar unwanted
mail in future.  See http://spamassassin.org/tag/ for more details.

Content preview:  This message is in MIME format. Since your mail reader
  does not understand this format, some or all of this message may not be
  legible. Hi ALL I trying to find a way of test both the instruction and
  data caches for a MIPS 5KC core. Does any body have any ideas? Data
  cache is easy instruction cache is not so easy. The Magnum pc-50 use to
  have a monitor called Rx4230 MIPS Monitor. This monitor dumped the
  following on power up [...]

Content analysis details:   (8.10 points, 5 required)
HTML_70_80         (4.0 points)  BODY: Message is 70% to 80% HTML
HTML_MESSAGE       (3.0 points)  BODY: HTML included in message
SUBJ_ALL_CAPS      (1.1 points)  Subject is all capitals

The original message did not contain plain text, and may be unsafe to
open with some email clients; in particular, it may contain a virus,
or confirm that your address can receive spam.  If you wish to view
it, it may be safer to save it to a file and open it with an editor.

--- Begin Message ---

Hi ALL

I trying to find a way of test both the instruction and data caches for a MIPS 5KC core.

Does any body have any ideas?  Data cache is easy instruction cache is not so easy.

The Magnum pc-50 use to have a monitor called Rx4230 MIPS Monitor.

This monitor dumped the following on power up

Memory Test 256kb - 5mb...Passed
I/O Cache Test...Passed
NVRAM Test ...Passed
Parallel Test...Passed
Floppy Chip Test...Passed
Primary Data Cache Test...Passed
Primary Instruction Cache Test...Passed
Primary DCache TAG Test...Passed
Primary ICache TAG Test...Passed
Secondary Cache Test...Skipped
Secondary Cache TAG Test...Skipped
Read Merge Write Test...Passed
High Memory Test 5mb -> end...Passed
FP Test...Passed
Keyboard Selftest...Passed
Keyboard Basic Assurance...Passed
Video board Test...Skipped
SCSI Register Test...Passed
Audio Chip Test...Passed
Sonic Reset Test...Passed
Sonic Register Test...Passed

PONs Complete...
PON Diagnostics Version 5.05 MIPS OPT Fri May 29 14:22:07

YOMAN doesn't have any thing like this.  If any one knows of power on tests for a 5KC it would be of great interest to me.

Dennis Castleman
Oak Technology.

--- End Message ---