Re: [Ming-dev] SWFBitmap in a SWFButton

strk wrote:
> Problem is that in SWF the bitmaps are not standalone characters,
> that is they can not appear on stage as characters, but can only
> be used as bitmap fills for shapes. You'll get what you're after
> if you do so.

Ok thanks a lot. Sorry for my delay in the reply, I was away from my
computer.
I have been testing this code:

SWFBitmap* image = new SWFBitmap( "label.png" );

SWFFillStyle* fillstyle = SWFFillStyle::BitmapFillStyle( image, 0x40 );

SWFShape* circle = new SWFShape();

circle->setRightFillStyle( fillstyle );
circle->drawCircle( 50 );

SWFButton* button = new SWFButton();

button->addCharacter( circle, SWFBUTTON_UP|SWFBUTTON_HIT );

SWFDisplayItem* buttonDI = swfmovie->add( button );

buttonDI->moveTo( 100, 100 );

and it works, but this is not the desired behavior because it fills
"circle" with a lot of "label.png" images and what I need is to have
"label.png" as a button.

I have a question here, in class SWFFillStyle declared in mingpp.h in
function

static SWFFillStyle *BitmapFillStyle(SWFBitmap *bitmap, byte flags)

what is the meaning of the parameter flags, in the example I use 0x40,
but simply because it works.

> See newSWFShapeFromBitmap.
--- Comment #1 from strk@xxxxxxxxxx 2010-06-04 16:50:32 EDT ---
The C api has a newSWFShapeFromBitmap function, maybe you could be
interested in adding an SWFShape constructor to the C++ api with the
same semantic.

Sure, I have been working on. I added the following code to the SWFShape
class

  SWFShape( c_SWFBitmap bitmap, int flag )
  {
    this->shape = newSWFShapeFromBitmap( bitmap, flag );
    if(this->shape == NULL)
      throw SWFException("SWFShape( c_SWFBitmap bitmap, int flag )");

    this->character = (c_SWFCharacter)shape;
  }

but when I try to run an example using it the compiler give me the
following messages:
error: no matching function for call to ‘SWFShape::SWFShape(SWFBitmap*&,
int)’
note:candidates are: SWFShape::SWFShape(const SWFShape&)
note:SWFShape::SWFShape(SWFCharacter_s*, int)
note:SWFShape::SWFShape(SWFShape_s*)
note:SWFShape::SWFShape()

I thought it was because I did something wrong with the data types and
tried to run an example using the SWFShape(c_SWFShape shape) constructor
and again the compiler shows errors:

error: no matching function for call to ‘SWFShape::SWFShape(SWFShape*&)’

here is the code:
SWFShape* circle = new SWFShape();

circle->setRightFillStyle( ... );

circle->setLineStyle( ... );

//Only for testing the constructor
//the error is at this line
SWFShape* imageShape = new SWFShape( circle );

I have not idea why it does not recognize the SWFBitmap data type, any
help will be welcome. I think ming is working fine and it is all my
fault.

Regards.
		-dac-