SWFBitmap in a SWFButton

Hi all.
I'm using ming 0.4.3, the official release, with C++ (mingpp.h).
I am trying to create a SWFButton in which the SWFBUTTON_UP|
SWFBUTTON_HIT state is a SWFBitmap, here is my code:

SWFBitmap* image = new SWFBitmap( "label.png" );
SWFButton* button = new SWFButton();
button->addCharacter( image, SWFBUTTON_UP|SWFBUTTON_HIT );
SWFDisplayItem* buttonDI = swfmovie->add( button );
buttonDI->moveTo( 10, 10 );
but it does not work for me, the stage is empty in the created .swf
file.
I know the path of the image ("label.png") is fine.

Is this a bug, a known issue or am I doing something wrong???
Any advice will be welcome.
Thanks
	-dac-