[approved] [sr #105905] Occasionally, produces a huge xml output with contents: a rel="><

Follow-up Comment #3, sr #105905 (project mhonarc):

Thanks for your feed-back and comments!
I try to answer your questions (1-3), and then add an update (4).

1. the way mhonarc is invoked is indeed as you guessed, on reception of each
and every mail:

~> grep mailapp /etc/aliases
eng-mailapp:	"| /usr/bin/python /x1/eng-mailapp/bin/mailapp"
~> grep mhonarc /x1/eng-mailapp/bin/mailapp
mhonarc = '/usr/local/bin/mhonarc'
mhonarc_cmd = '%s -quiet -outdir %s -add -rcfile
/x1/eng-mailapp/conf/mhonarc.mrc -definevar MAILLISTNAME=%s'
            cmd = mhonarc_cmd % (mhonarc, dir, elist)
                log.exception('problem with mhonarc child process: %s',
str(e))
                    log.error('%s exited with status %d', mhonarc, rt)
                        log.error('output from %s was:', mhonarc)
~> wc -l /x1/eng-mailapp/conf/mhonarc.mrc
483 /x1/eng-mailapp/conf/mhonarc.mrc

I attached this mrc file.

Of course, I am open to suggestions to switch to an other configuration.
As far as I can say, the mailapp script dispatches the incoming mails into
distinct mailboxes, and runs mhonarc on the relevant one.

2.
~> /usr/local/bin/mhonarc -v
  MHonArc v2.6.16 (Perl 5.008005 linux)
  Copyright (C) 1995-2005  Earl Hood, mhonarc@xxxxxxxxxxx
  MHonArc comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY and MHonArc may be copied only
  under the terms of the GNU General Public License, which may be found in
  the MHonArc distribution.

3. Isolate an archive... all the errors detected were for the same one
(eng-artix-merge which I meantioned), which has also the highest load.
However, I could not isolate a message, or a pattern. This was the intend of
my convoluted 'head' commands, but I found different patterns in different
cases.

4. We may have a general resource problem on this host. At least one other
functionality (generation of rss feeds from wiki pages) is also affected.

Thanks again.

(file #13241)

Additional Item Attachment:

  <http://savannah.nongnu.org/support/?105905>