Re: Poll: Should mhonarc.org mail archives hide mail addresses

On January 3, 2004 at 08:42, Gunnar Hjalmarsson wrote:

> In my opinion, the spam problem makes keeping the addresses open to
> harvesters inconsiderate to the posters. What value does it have to
> keep the forum open in the current sense, if it results in a
> decreasing group of subscribers that post?

That is the question I am trying to get an answer to.  I am not
convinced yet that the open nature of the archives has been
a large deterrence in keeping people from posting.

At it is not inconsiderate if posters are informed about what
happens to posts to the list.  I've tried to make such notes
in the docs, but only user feedback will tell me if such
notifications have been noticed.

--ewh