Re: Poll: Should mhonarc.org mail archives hide mail addresses

Kim Flint wrote:
Gunnar Hjalmarsson wrote:
Wonder why he or she chose to not respond to the list. Maybe for
fear that doing so would result in their address being exposed to
spam...

No, I have no fear of that.

Then my assumption was wrong.

I receive well over 1000 spams a day due to my other online
activities and my own archives and web sites. I learned to deal
with that a long time ago.

I'm sure that the spammers love you for that, and for the way you say that you are managing your list archives. It means that they can keep letting their databases grow.

Personally I have no intention to learn to deal with the plague. I'll
never make the spammers love me.

Being contactable is good. You can easily be contactable without
naively publishing your email address on the web.

--
Gunnar Hjalmarsson