Re: Poll: Should mhonarc.org mail archives hide mail addresses

Earl Hood wrote:
And the factors of maintaining an open forum.  I have received a
private response in favor of not hiding address since the user has
had useful benefits on their archives in not doing so.

Wonder why he or she chose to not respond to the list. Maybe for fear that doing so would result in their address being exposed to spam...

In my opinion, the spam problem makes keeping the addresses open to
harvesters inconsiderate to the posters. What value does it have to
keep the forum open in the current sense, if it results in a
decreasing group of subscribers that post?

--
Gunnar Hjalmarsson