Re: Automatic linking to a mhonarc archive

Earl Hood wrote:

> > Yes, I've seen that in action on a forwarded message in the archive.  Is
> > there any way of turning it off and getting forwarded messages treated as
> > attachments?
>
> You are confusing two separate concepts.  Format=flowed is documented
> in RFC 2646.  The special formatting in the archives is how quoted
> text is handled.  Quoted text typically represents text from a previous
> message and does not (normally) represent the forwarding of a message.

Ah yes I _was_ confused - thanks for the clarification.

> > p.s. I sent another mail to the alias yesterday and it hasn't yet appeared.
> > Is there some sort of moderation on this alias?
>
> What alias?  If you are refering to mhonarc@mhonarc.org, that address
> goes directly to me and not to any list.
>
> If you send mail to the list from an address that is not subscribed,
> those messages are manually screened.

Hmm, I'm subscribed but the following doesn't appear to have got through
(attached rather than quoted ;-)

Alan Burlison
--- Begin Message ---
I'm trying to munge the subject and body of a message using the
CBMessageBodyRead callback, to convert bugids into hrefs.  The callback
looks like this:

sub msg_body_read
{
        my ($fields, $html, $files) = @_;

        # Convert any bugids in the subject to links.
        $fields->{'x-mha-subject'} =~ s/\b([134]\d{6})\b/bugid($1)/ge;

        # Convert any bugids in thebody to links.
        $$html =~ s/\b([134]\d{6})\b/bugid($1)/ge;
}

This works fine for the body of the message - bugids are nicely converted
into URLs, but in the case of the subject, although x-mha-subject is
modified OK, it doesn't appear to be the subject that is _actually_ printed
out in the mail header, as the resulting html is missing the link.  How do I
munge the *real* subject line?

Thanks,

Alan Burlison
--
$ head -1 /dev/bollocks
adaptively target back-end cross-platform ERP apps, going forwards