Re: Automatic linking to a mhonarc archive

On August 10, 2002 at 14:22, Alan Burlison wrote:

> > A similiar kind of technique is done for format=flowed text/plain
> > messages thanks to an initial contribution from Ken Hirsch.
>
> Yes, I've seen that in action on a forwarded message in the archive.  Is
> there any way of turning it off and getting forwarded messages treated as
> attachments?

You are confusing two separate concepts.  Format=flowed is documented
in RFC 2646.  The special formatting in the archives is how quoted
text is handled.  Quoted text typically represents text from a previous
message and does not (normally) represent the forwarding of a message.

The proper what for someone to forward a message is to attach it
as a separate entity denoted with a content-type of message/rfc822.

> p.s. I sent another mail to the alias yesterday and it hasn't yet appeared.
> Is there some sort of moderation on this alias?

What alias?  If you are refering to mhonarc@mhonarc.org, that address
goes directly to me and not to any list.

If you send mail to the list from an address that is not subscribed,
those messages are manually screened.

--ewh