Re: Automatic linking to a mhonarc archive

On August 9, 2002 at 21:08, Alan Burlison wrote:

> Something else I have done is to tweak the text/plain filter so that rather
> than quoting messages by surrounding them in <i>...</i> tags, it uses <span
> class="quote">...</span>, so I can turn them a purty color using a
> stylesheet.

A similiar kind of technique is done for format=flowed text/plain
messages thanks to an initial contribution from Ken Hirsch.

I do recommend that your custom filter should have its own name and
registered via MIMEFILTERS.  This way, an upgrade will not overwrite
your filter.

> I've finished hacking my 400-line .mrc file, and it all looks
> *very* pretty - now for the final programmatic glue :-)
>
> Once again, thanks for all your help.  Once I have this all working, I'll
> send in the bits if anyone is interested!

Please do.

--ewh