Re: N900 power consumption

On 26 April 2010 10:01, Bernard Tyers <b@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
If I am at home I use it to read rss feeds, and make calls. When at work it is idling on wifi.

* Phone ALWAYS on 2G, unless I want to download something via cellular network.
* No more softwae installed than before upgrade.
* exact same IM accounts/SIP acount usage as before.

After the upgrade I reconfigured all settings/parameters for maximum power saving as they were wiped when the upgrade finished.

When your N900 is idling, fire up top (preferably via ssh session) and see whether pulseaudio is constantly eating 2-5% of CPU. If so, run "killall tongend" as root. This is a bug fixed in PR1.2 (afaik) which seems to be launched sometime between today and the next decade.

Also, BatteryGraph application from extras(-testing?) helps "debugging" battery usage a lot. From what I found, the *greatest* *ever* battery hog is browsing web via 3G. I do that daily while commuting to/from work and it can take up to 40-50% of battery within less than an hour!

--
Dawid 'evad' Lorenz * http://adl.pl

null://google 'no evil' mail has taken away my random signatures