Re: N900 power consumption

----- Original message -----
> Am Montag, den 26.04.2010, 09:18 +0100 schrieb Bernard Tyers:
> > Unless a newer firmware is available, don't upgrade to 3.2010.02-8.
> >
> > I have found since I upgraded my battery life has gone from 1 1/2 days
> > to about 7-8 hours.
>
> ...while for others 3.2010.02-8 has increased battery life.
>
> I don't think that such generic statements are helpful without providing
> some basic info (what does that time refer to? Being online? Heavy usage
> or idling? IM accounts activated? Extra software installed? etc etc).

That time refers to unplugging device from charger at 7-8AM and having battery go down approx to half way by lunchtime.

I measure a day as 24 hours.

Most of the day when I am in the office it is connected to work wifi to receive mail. When at work it is idling on wifi.

By afternoon if I do not charge it, the device will be dead by approx 6-7PM.

If I am at home I use it to read rss feeds, and make calls. When at work it is idling on wifi.

* Phone ALWAYS on 2G, unless I want to download something via cellular network.
* No more softwae installed than before upgrade.
* exact same IM accounts/SIP acount usage as before.

After the upgrade I reconfigured all settings/parameters for maximum power saving as they were wiped when the upgrade finished.

At the weekend I use my E71 and joikuspot to share 3G access to the n900.

By 6-7PM since 10-11AM the battery is almost empty. (This is understandable)

I don't make statements like that without testing extensively.

Bernard