Re: Maemo SDK

On Thursday 01 October 2009 01:32:12 pm you wrote:
> From: Alexander Schröter <accounts@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>
> > Hey everybody
> >
> > I am very much looking forward to the release of the N900. This is why I
> > installed the Maemo SDK on a virtual maschine.
> >
> > Now I am a little lost ... I cannot find the adress for the application
> > catalouge to try out some of the tools. And I was hoping it looks a
> > little
>
> AFAIK, the SDK is just that, a toolkit in order to develop new
> applications for the Maemo5 plattform, but this doesn't mean that will
> include all the applications that you see on the videos.

Yes sure I understand but wouldn't it be nice to have a look at the current
progress by looking at your very own N900 virtual machine to see some of the
programs do their thing. I mean how would I know what needs development if I
cannot see them peforming.

> > more like the N900 from the video. Can somebody shed some light on the
> > whole situation?
>
> But you were able to execute the hildon-desktop on a scratchbox and
> son on? What did you miss?

Right now I have the Desktop like in this picture
http://static.maemo.org/static/c/cfc770286fd511de9ed0c5721facb2e3b2e3_ui-
startup.png

But when I press the 6 green squares it gives me three things to choose from
and when I look at the application catalogue it says that there are no
catalogues listed but I can add one. Thing is I can't find a repository. It
probably is like a repository right?

Thanks for the fast answer.
Alexander