Re: Maemo SDK

Am Donnerstag, den 01.10.2009, 14:00 +0200 schrieb Alexander Schröter:
> > AFAIK, the SDK is just that, a toolkit in order to develop new
> > applications for the Maemo5 plattform, but this doesn't mean that will
> > include all the applications that you see on the videos.
>
> Yes sure I understand but wouldn't it be nice to have a look at the current
> progress by looking at your very own N900 virtual machine to see some of the
> programs do their thing. I mean how would I know what needs development if I
> cannot see them peforming.

That will be possible for the apps provided by Nokia when the N900 is
available, but making some applications (and their features) available
earlier probably isn't good from a marketing point of view.
Remember that SDK beta2 was released a few months ago, way earlier than
the N900 announcement.
A new SDK will be available once Fremantle has been released.

andre
--
Andre Klapper (maemo.org bugmaster)