Re: GPE and Pimlico

lakestevensdental wrote:
> I haven't heard of or tried Pimlico, have heard of and use GPE,

I too had never heard of Pimlico (apart from the London suburb of the
same name, and the old Ealing comedy "Passport to Pimlico" :-) but it
doesn't appear in my Apps list, so presumably there is a repo to add.

However, GPE is working fine for me right now, apart from its
incompatibility with the LCARS theme (which I posted about before) and
the fact that it cannot properly handle timezones.

This last one is a close-to-showstopper for anyone who travels a lot: I
need to be able to put in my flight and set the timezone of the arrival
time (and the times of my meetings in the destination zone) so that when
I arrive and change the timezone in the (poor) Clock applet, they all
show up correctly. This was available even on the otherwise lowly PIM
apps in my old Sharp Zaurus.

The Clock applet also needs a boost: it can only handle two zones, home
and away, which is not good.

///Peter