Re: pdf reading?

Laura Conrad wrote:
>     Peter> What missing on mine is being able to rotate the display 90
>     Peter> degrees so that you can read a page in portrait
>     Peter> orientation. I *hate* having to flip up and down to see the
>     Peter> missing half of a page.
>
> Can't you do that at the OS level?

Not with the N800 as far as I know. Unless I have missed something
significant. But I don't want the background and all my applets rotated,
only the PDF Reader app, so it's an application feature, not something I
would expect to find at the OS level.

> I can't imagine being able to read a normal page of text on a screen the
> size of the 8x0, so I haven't even tried, although I do this when I'm
> reading PDF's on the laptop.

I've started producing some PDFs specifically optimised for the N800
screen, just to get a feel for it.

> Or convincing the people who send you ebooks to send html or equivalent
> instead of PDF.  I have the packet for Hugo award voters, which I was
> really looking forward to, but most of the ones I didn't already have
> are PDF's.  Hence my desire to get the 810 reader working.  I'm doing
> better than I would have expected.

I had the same (how many others here are going to Anticipation?).

///Peter