pdf reading?

I'm finding the interface on the included pdf reader on my Nokia 810
pretty unusable.

My impression is that people on this list have mentioned that evince
might be better, but I can't install that.

At least one of these problems must be fixable.  So here are my
questions:

        Included reader:

        The file selector dialog (not only here but in the file manager
        and other apps, but not FBReader) doesn't allow me to select
        from the external memory card (mounted as /media/mmc1), although
        it does from the internal memory card (mounted as /media/mmc2).
        Is there a way to fix this?  I worked around it by opening a
        terminal and copying the file I wanted to see from external to
        internal, but there has to be a better way than that.

        As far as I can see, the way to page down is to open the case
        and use the down button on the pad.  Is there a way to configure
        it so that the +/- switch on top (preferable) or the buttons on
        the side page up or down?

        I have it zoomed to a size where the text area of the page is
        the width of the screen, that is, the margins are off the
        reader.  But when moving down gets to a new page, the reader
        resets the position of the page so that the left edge of the
        page is at the left edge of the screen.  Is there a way to tell
        it not to do that?

        evince:

        This is generally true of a lot of the apps I try to install
        from the application manager.  It's listed in "Installable
        Apps", but when I try to install it, it says, "Unable to install
        evince.  Some applications packages required for the
        installation are missing."  When I click "Details", it says,
        "Application packages missing: libhildonfm2 (>=1;1.9.49)"  Is
        there a way to work around this?

        If I do install it, will I have the same problems I do on the
        included PDF reader?

--
Laura   (mailto:lconrad@xxxxxxxxxxxx http://www.laymusic.org/ )
(617) 661-8097	233 Broadway, Cambridge, MA 02139

Many that live deserve death. And some that die deserve life. Can you
give it to them? Then do not be too eager to deal out death in
judgment.

J.R.R. Tolkein, _The Lord of the Rings_