Re: Where is telnet?

On Thu, May 14, 2009 at 19:33, Andrew Flegg <andrew@xxxxxxxx> wrote:

> [2] Needs an icon, a better section, a Maemo-specific version number to
>    go with the above and a change to the maintainer line.

Icon added; now in the correct[1] "user/network"; maintainer set to me
and the version set to "0.17-maemo2". Going through the chinook,
diablo & fremantle autobuilders now.

MUD source package also checked in:

    https://garage.maemo.org/plugins/scmsvn/viewcvs.php/trunk/packages/telnet.pkg/?root=mud-builder

On Thu, May 14, 2009 at 19:43, Mark <wolfmane@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Thu, May 14, 2009 at 12:33 PM, Andrew Flegg <andrew@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
>> Does it really matter when it's so trivial to port from upstream?
>
> Trivial for whom? Yes, it matters.

I'm not suggesting that any user who wants telnet should have to port
it (although what I've just done is a packaging effort; not a
developing one - you will need the SDK installed to test & build the
package, though) but that it is not something which requires innate
knowledge that only Nokia can provide.

HTH,

Andrew

[1] https://wiki.maemo.org/Task:Package_categories#New_list_for_Diablo