Re: Where is telnet?

On Thu, May 14, 2009 at 9:38 AM, Matan Ziv-Av <matan@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
<snip>
> telnet belongs on an "Interner Tablet", and claiming otherwise is akin
> to claiming that the WWW is the internet.
>
> --
> Matan Ziv-Av.                         matan@xxxxxxxxxxx

We've had this argument before. Nokia doesn't seem to understand that
as shipped the tablets are really "Web Tablets", not "Internet
Tablets", and not even that well-rounded in the Web department.
(Although I have to give them credit for Flash support.)
Misnomenclature aside, making claims about a device's abilities that
can only be attained by installing additional or 3rd party apps or
developing/porting them yourself amounts to false advertising. If it
doesn't have a capability out of the box, then don't advertise it...

Unfortunately, just as Micro$oft and others have lowered people's
expectations of the quality of OSs and apps, Nokia's "leadership" has
enabled the new crop of "MIDs" coming out to not be as full-featured
as they ought to be.

Mark