Re: N8xx ponderings

Fred C,

re your comment

    "...............with more core memory........."

Where can I get some of that?

The long boot time of windows XP, and, for that matter Vista, explains
why Microsoft is racing to get Windows 7 out the door to "fix" that
Achilles heel vs Linux. Microsoft are only too aware that today's 10-18
year olds (the next generation, if you will, of corporate users) will
prefer what works first/fastest to reconnect them to their connected
world vs whose name is on the OS.

This reboot lag time problem even extends to Windows Mobile. My
experience is that when I have to boot my Windows Mobile handset it
takes over 60 seconds whereas  my Nokia IT takes 30 seconds. Our 16 year
old who texts beyond belief with an LG Voyager would not give a Windows
Mobile handset the time of day.

Best Regards,

John Holmblad

 **