Re: N8xx ponderings

On Thu, Mar 5, 2009 at 8:21 PM, lakestevensdental
<lakestevensdental@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> After using a variety of small internet communication/computing devices,
> (n800, n810, netbook-eee PC on Xandros, Ubuntu and now XP, plus and Ipod
> Touch), I've come to some conclusions that might be worth sharing.
>
> 1. None of these devices is a truly one size fits all solution for small
> computing/communication needs. They've all got strengths and weaknesses.
>
> 2. For 'serious' portable use, an XP netbook is great.  Good browsing,
> media player, typing, etc.  It's limits are with casual use -- you can't
> carry it in your pocket and you've got to be sitting up in bed to use it.

Nothing that a Dell Mini 9" with Ubuntu can't do with VLC,MPlayer, and
OpenOffice.org 3.0.1 :)

It's no wonder 30% of current Netbooks are selling with Linux and
increasingly threatening Microsoft´s dominant position...

http://blogs.computerworld.com/microsoft_layoffs_netbooks_sales_are_killing_us

Just my $0.02

FC