Re: Nokia device usage

On Fri, Mar 6, 2009 at 9:24 AM, Eero Tamminen <eero.tamminen@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> ext Mark wrote:
>>
>> On Fri, Mar 6, 2009 at 9:16 AM, gary liquid <liquid@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>>
>>> the bike comes with a subscription to a community repair shop and new
>>> elements are being created for it every day.
>>
>> Provided you *want* all kinds of addons you will never need...
>>
>>> it includes out of the box an expansive toolkit able to mend and repair
>>> anything on your bike.
>>
>> As long as you're mechanically inclined and/or an actual mechanic...
>>
>>> A new water bottle was designed for the bike which actually allows you to
>>> continuously ride for weeks at a time and have plenty of clean fluids
>>> available using an innovative recycling system.
>>>

>> What is that supposed to analogize? My battery doesn't last anywhere
>> near the advertised time. I'm lucky to get 3 or 4 hours out of it, and
>> lately not even that.
>
> Do you have some (e.g. 3rd party app) running in the background
> taking CPU?  Or something that frequently polls network
> (Do you switch it to offline mode when you don't use it)?
> Or doesn't allow the display to blank when you don't use the device?
>

>        - Eero

I can't speak to the 3rd party app issue; I have so many apps
installed that that is entirely possible, although according to
LoadApplet there's nothing going on. I rarely switch to offline mode
because much of the stuff I do with it requires network access, and
even when I'm not doing anything constantly online there's stuff like
OMWeather that needs to update every now and then. I *never* turn off
bluetooth because it's too much of a pain digging through all those
menus to get it back on again. I do have the display set to blank at 2
minutes, and only stay on when charging. I also have the auto-lock
enabled.

Mark