Re: Itouch v N8x0

On 22 Dec 2008, at 20:41, Denis Dimick wrote:

> I've had both a n810 and an iPhone (Jailbroken) and ended up selling
> the iPhone; I was tired of not being able to manage my Music the way
> I wanted to - iTunes sucks.

I've never really had a problem with iTunes (5th gen iPod owner), but
I've never had a *good* experience with my N800 and media. My 5th gen
ipod runs rings around the N800, and that is the problem I have with
the N8x0 series with regards to media. There's not one player that
works properly and has a good interface. Canola2 is close, but it
constantly plays a few seconds from a random MP3 between tracks when
on shuffle. No good. I've never owned a music player other than an
iPod, so maybe things would be different in that case.

Android, having played with it over the last few days (Nitdroid) is
slicker than Maemo. I hope the port matures and I can use it full
time. It's a lot more pleasurable to use than Maemo. However, the N800
hardware just plain struggles to to anything useful in my experience.
Even Android is slightly pokey, and in similar ways to Maemo, so it's
likely a hardware or driver level issue.