Re: Itouch v N8x0

I've had both a n810 and an iPhone (Jailbroken) and ended up selling the iPhone; I was tired of not being able to manage my Music the way I wanted to - iTunes sucks.

I then went over to a Windows phone, and have since gone back to my Nokia 5300, at least the Nokia lets me manage my music. I'll look at an Andriod next year, when they get a bit more cost efective, however, I'l only get rid of my n810 to buy an new one.

While there is a fairly large learning curve to learn how to deal with a n810, as with an Linux distro, it's well worth the effort. The simple fact that you can ssh into the n810, as with other n-series Internet Tablets, makes it nice. Running "real" commands on the device is the "icing on the cake".

Just my two cents,

Denis

On Mon, Dec 22, 2008 at 3:42 AM, A J Thew <aj.thew@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
2008/12/19 lakestevensdental <lakestevensdental@xxxxxxxxxxx>:
> As luck would have it, I recently came across an Ipod Touch 8G as a
> promo for participating in an online continuing ed podcast deal.  After
> week or so of playing around with in and my n800, I figure it might be
> useful to share my experiences and comparison of both units.  I've had
> my n800 since spring 07.
>
>  First off, the Ipod Touch is much sleeker design.  Big enough to view,
> small enough for the average pocket.  However, as part of this, it
> sacrifices the stand and stereo speakers of the n800 that I find useful
> to listen to podcasts while eating breakfast viewing some web/rss page.

I have a 770 and iPod Touch (firmware 2.2). The exchange facilities in the newer
firmware is really good (if you need this) but Unix like stuff is poor on the
Touch compared to the 770. Yes if you want great music support, there's only
one winer.

A Thew

sik vis paw kem, para bellum
oderint dum metuant
"Our Country won't go on forever, if we stay soft as we are now. There won't be any AMERICA because some foreign soldiery will invade us and take our women and breed a hardier race!" -LT. GEN. LEWIS "CHESTY" PULLER, USMC