Re: Itouch v N8x0

On Monday 22 December 2008 19:13:02 Matt Emson wrote:
> > I know that my N800 can't power
> > USB memory drives,
>
> Works for me. Maybe it's size related? I've mounted unpowered USB keys
> (Americans would say "thumb drive"  I'm guessing) up to 2Gb. The only brand
> I remember ottomh is PNY, which would have been 1Gb. I used a 64Gb one to
> stream video once (choppy as hell, but it sort of worked..)

I can't play MP3's off a USB connected drive.  My N810 can play MP3's off my
local memory cards and I can copy files to/from USB attached drives with no
problems.  But I can't play MP3's off the USB attached drives: the sound is
completely chopped up and incomprehensible.

I assumed that there was some common bus involved in passing data to/from the
DSP and in accessing the USB so you effectively couldn't do both at the same
time without exceeding the bandwidth of the bus.  Anyone know if that is
true?

Graham