Re: Itouch v N8x0

On Mon, Dec 22, 2008 at 1:13 PM, Matt Emson <memsom@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> I know that my N800 can't power
>> USB memory drives,
>
> Works for me. Maybe it's size related? I've mounted unpowered USB keys (Americans would say "thumb drive"  I'm guessing) up to 2Gb. The only brand I remember ottomh is PNY, which would have been 1Gb. I used a 64Gb one to stream video once (choppy as hell, but it sort of worked..)

Actually, after some rather frustrating issues with mangled USB keys,
I started using USB key-sized card readers with microSD and SD cards.
That way if the reader breaks all I have to do is put the memory card
in another reader and go. No more losing important data because of a
broken connector. One of my microSD readers even went through the wash
with the card inserted and worked just fine afterward. All that is to
say that I'm actually attempting to use a card reader, not a USB key,
so that's probably the issue.

Mark