COMPLETE newbie with some questions.

Hey, guys!
First, I do not yet have my tablet. Due to budgeting concerns, the
purchase date is currently about a month away, and so, then, will be
the date I recieve my new tablet. And I am so excited, that I'm
basically DEVOURING every bit of information I can find about the
device.
One of my big pulls towards this particular device (which is the N810)
was that it runs linux, so I'm operating under the assumption that it
has a terminal emulator... somewhere. I'm also under the assumption
that said terminal would have full unicode support (finch through
screen, anyone?).
So, I guess this is the point: DOES maemo sport these features (I
assume it's yes, based on what else I've learned, but it never hurts
to ask.)?
Also, I'd like to know what issues you had, if any, when you first
started using maemo. Just... whatever comes to mind, glitches, or
other issues. I really want to be able to rip this thing out of the
box and play for hours on end without worrying about confusing configs
or dialogues (if it HAS dialogues. does it?)

Sincerely,

Ike