Re: maemo-users Digest, Vol 44, Issue 1

On Monday 01 December 2008 10:00:01 maemo-users-request@xxxxxxxxx wrote:
> From: "Martin Grimme" <martin.grimme@xxxxxxxxx>
> Subject: Re: Music Player Exasperation
> To: "Hal Vaughan" <hal@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

> I'm the the developer of MediaBox. Thanks for your mail. The next
> version of MediaBox will read FLAC tags and sort by track number, so
> that you don't have to encode the number in the filenames. Your mail
> reminded me to make track number sorting work with FLAC properly.

Hi Martin,

I'm glad you mentioned MediaBox here as somehow that had passed me by in my quest for a media player that will do what I want and not drain my battery (which most of them do) when it's idle (a test it's passed with flying colours overnight). And the fact that it even understands FLAC means I can cut out the convert-to-ogg step of the script I use to copy stuff to my Nokia.

Just a couple of things that would improve this impressive player a little more - it would be very useful if a playlist I've populated were saved to disc so that I don't have to re-populate it after a restart (saving the position would be a bonus, but less important) and it could do with a way to control the volume (being full-screen means the normal volume control isn't quickly available).
Of course it might already have these features and I haven't found them yet :-)
--
Tony Green
Ipswich, Suffolk, England

* No Micro$oft products were used in the generation of this communication