Re: disk space running short on /

Ryan,

Say someone does boot from SD, what happens when they remove the SD card to copy data over to it; I've run into a bug that causes scp to die/hang when copying large (AVI) files over wireless.

Very good suggestion about boot from SD, I'd forgotten about this.

Denis

On Mon, Oct 20, 2008 at 12:34 PM, Ryan Abel <rabelg5@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Oct 20, 2008, at 2:07 PM, Christer Eliasson wrote:

> But that is also a workaround as i see it as the option of
> installing to another target should be there by default.

The boot-from-SD method is faster, more stable, and generally way
better than any "let's break the system over multiple partitions"-
methods (it also provides you with a bootable backup).

--
Ryan Abel
Maemo Community Council chair

sik vis paw kem, para bellum
oderint dum metuant
"Our Country won't go on forever, if we stay soft as we are now. There won't be any AMERICA because some foreign soldiery will invade us and take our women and breed a hardier race!" -LT. GEN. LEWIS "CHESTY" PULLER, USMC