Re: I just got n810 I have some ?

On Mon, 22 Sep 2008 10:29:43 -0400hendrik@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> On Sun, Sep 21, 2008 at 01:23:50PM -0700, Jeff Treague wrote:> > I finally got my n810 a lot nicer then the n770.> > > > The user guide on my n810 is in a different lanage. > > I've got an n800, just upgraded its OS from OS2007(bora) to > OS2008(diablo), so some of my remarks may be out of date.  I also> cant answer to anything 610-specific, but in many ways it's an 800> with different slots and peripherals.
	Same situation here.
>  > > 3.Is there a way to use the n810 as a planer? Date, phone #, and> > apointments.> > I use GPE calendar.  It has no specific provision for phone number,> but there is a separate GPE Contacts program that does that.  The two> don't seem to talk with one another.  Last I looked, the GPE Contacts> did not pave provision for street addresses -- only electroninc comm.> (yes, taht includes telephone).  I stick street addresses in one of> the slots for electronic addresses for protocols I don't use.  It'll> probably bit me someday, but it hasn't yet.
	I use and have used GPE since I got my first 770. GPE Contactsprovides for two address's per contact. When creating/editing acontact, under the locations tab there are spaces following thehome/work number slots. It has worked very well for me.
	Leafpad is now in the main repositories, I believe itcreates .txt files? My favorite because it allows multiple files open.There is also the antiword/docreader combination that let you view .docfiles and also Abiword. I have no experience with Abiword,  I believeit allows you to create/edit MS documents.
	Most everything is there, check the wiki at Internet TabletTalk.
-- Peter The Plumber sm on the road
Sent from a mobile Internet Tablet_______________________________________________maemo-users mailing listmaemo-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx://lists.maemo.org/mailman/listinfo/maemo-users