Re: I just got n810 I have some ?

On Sun, Sep 21, 2008 at 01:23:50PM -0700, Jeff Treague wrote:
> I finally got my n810 a lot nicer then the n770.
>
> The user guide on my n810 is in a different lanage.

I've got an n800, just upgraded its OS from OS2007(bora) to
OS2008(diablo), so some of my remarks may be out of date.  I also cant
answer to anything 610-specific, but in many ways it's an 800 with
different slots and peripherals.

> 3.Is there a way to use the n810 as a planer? Date, phone #, and apointments.

I use GPE calendar.  It has no specific provision for phone number, but
there is a separate GPE Contacts program that does that.  The two don't
seem to talk with one another.  Last I looked, the GPE Contacts did not
pave provision for street addresses -- only electroninc comm. (yes, taht
includes telephone).  I stick street addresses in one of the slots for
electronic addresses for protocols I don't use.  It'll probably bit me
someday, but it hasn't yet.

> 4. Is there a program to take notes that works with windows and what is it?

The utilities->notes program created HTML files, which can be read
almost everywhere.

> 5. Is there more thing to download on maeme that are not on the download page? Rapier I did not see there but I heard about so I typed it in to search and got it. Is there a way to get a list of other tings that are not on the download page?
>
> 6. Can I use highter than a 2gb sd card and is there any I need to do to do this besides putting in a higher sd card?

There are regular reports that 8G SDHC cards work fine on an N800,
although some manufacturers produce bad cards and they don't work.
I've heard rumours of 16G being OK.   Apparently Nokia only guarantees
what's actually been tested and found to work;  their hardware seems to
be more capable than their guarantees.

> 7. What is the best way to use the web cam? Is there a way to take
> video with it?

I suspect the CPU isn't fast enough for that, but I could be wrong.

-- hendrik